HGV Class 2 Driver with HIAB, Newport
Posted 07 Jun 2023
As a delivery driver, you will be responsible for the delivery of goods to customer’s site address. The role offers scope to develop customer service, an understanding of materials, orders and deliveries.
- Delivering building materials mainly in Newport and surrounding area.
- Loading and unloading safely.
- Completing paperwork and record sheets.
- Manual handling.
- Customer service – dealing with customers in person.
Include death-in-service scheme membership, NEST pension scheme membership. 30 days holidays including bank holidays. Uniform, boot money allowance, and discretionary bonus.
Essential skills & experience
- Clean Class C Licence and full current CPC training.
- Lorry Mounted Crane licence and experience.
- At least 2 years’ delivery driving experience.
- Experience of safe loading including weight and load distribution stability and security of load.
- Knowledge of driver hours and driver safety regulations.
- Digi-card and tachograph experience.
- Able to identify materials accurately, working from delivery notes and to complete paperwork records accurately and methodically.
- Confident communicator, willingness to engage with customers to provide good customer service.
- Good communication and team work skills.
- Naturally tidy, organised reliable, industrious, adaptable and quick to grasp new concepts.
- Ability to follow instructions efficiently and work unsupervised.
- Manual handling capability (up to 25kg).
Desirable skills & experience
Knowledge of building materials and their usage, an interest in the construction industry and good numeracy. Good arithmetic, preferably GCSE Maths grade C.
Why robert price?
You never feel like ‘one of many’ when you work for Robert Price. We’re a family business where every employee is on first-name terms with the directors. We’re looking for driven and talented individuals who want responsibility, opportunity, challenges, and above all fun! Your opinion, your progression, and your values count. With benefits including pension schemes, death-in-service cover, uniform allowance, and long-service rewards, you’ll always feel like a truly valued member of the Robert Price family.Our history
Life at Robert Price
Robert Price is a well-known and respected company across South Wales thanks to our commitment to local people and our recognised branding – if people don’t recognise the name, they’ll definitely remember the beaver! Working at Robert Price offers you the opportunity to live in a beautiful area of the world. You don’t have to head for the big cities for a great job, instead enjoy lifestyle benefits to make any city slicker green with envy.Our branches
What we offer
We look to find career progression opportunities for all our employees. Your development is our priority. Career satisfaction ensures we benefit from a proactive and engaged workforce. With such a range of job roles and responsibilities on offer, the next step on your career ladder is always ready and waiting. With regular staff training and performance reviews, it’s easy to develop your skills and gain promotion opportunities at Robert Price.Contact us