This is the Environmental Policy for Financial Year ending 30th September 2021.
Robert Price Group:
- Robert Price (Builders’ Merchants) Ltd.
- P. Davies & Sons Ltd.
- Gower Timber Ltd.
- Robert Price (Builders’ Bitz) Ltd.
As distributors of building and timber products for use in the construction industry we recognise our responsibility to the
environment and will promote good environmental practice by all our staff.
We aim to minimise the extent of environmental damage occurring as a result of our activities whilst fully complying
with all relevant statutory regulations as a minimum standard.
Directors are responsible for ensuring sufficient personnel and financial resources are made available, monitoring
progress against environmental targets and coordinating overall implementation of our policy.
We aim to operate and develop our Environmental Management System (EMS) and train our staff to comply with it.
Branch managers and department heads are responsible for management of environmental obligations and performance
and for achieving progress against agreed targets. All employees are responsible for ensuring high standards of
environmental care. The EMS is also available for the public to view.
We calculate, monitor and review our carbon footprint. We measure and report on our yearly scope 1 & 2 emissions using the SECR framework. The results enable us to set targets to reduce our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and reach Net Zero by 2050. We have reduced our CO2 emissions by 9% in 2022 against our 2021 baseline despite expanding our branch network.
We will work to reduce our carbon footprint by:
- Planning and undertaking our operations so as to minimise our impact on the local environment.
- Seeking to minimise the risk of pollution as a result of our operations, through staff training.
- Seeking to minimise energy use in the day to day running of our business through energy saving initiatives
and staff training.
- Reducing, reusing and recycling waste.
- Raising the awareness and understanding of environmental issues of our staff.
- Endeavouring to raise awareness of sustainable building materials and practices.
- Updating our haulage fleet, replacing old vehicles with new lower emission fleet transport.
- Implementing strategic planning to reduce the time that our vehicles spend on the road by avoiding unnecessary
We aim to maintain Chain of Custody certification to prove that our timber products are from legal and where
possible well managed sources.
Through the above we will continually seek to improve our environmental performance. Our policy will be reviewed and
updated at regular intervals.